COVID-19 Updates mini-series has launched!
- How far have we come in the last year and where are we currently positioned with regards to this global pandemic?
- What are the projections for our future?
- Will this damn virus ever go away?
- What have we learned about the pathophysiology of SARS CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19? How does the immune system respond to this virus? What are the details we need to know about the infamous "Cytokine Storm"? How does this virus get into the body and what are the myriad faces of this virus in the human body? Do we know any more details regarding the viral pathogenicity and life cycle of this virus?
- What about testing? What is the accuracy of testing, when should you get tested and when not? And what's the best test to get?
- Now that we have a few vaccines, and more on the way, how will we think about the vaccines? Let's have a frank and honest conversation about vaccines.
- So what's the big deal with allowing the natural process of "herd immunity" to run its course?
- How long can we expect to remain immune to this virus once we are vaccinated or once we have actually been infected?
- What are the key organs affected by this virus? It's about much more than the lungs!!
- What about "Long-Haul Syndrome"? How can we manual therapist, if at all make a difference?
- What about viral mutations? Is it just more of the same or are these variants something to be concerned about?
- What can we expect for the future? What about future viruses? Are we ready? Is there anything we can do to improve our health and immune system for the future?
This NEW ADDITION will launch on May 1, 2021.
(New) COVID-19 Updates
If you are a Serious / Committed subscriber you will, as a part of your subscription, have access to ALL mini-series.
COVID19; THE PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE
- Episode 1 (CPPF Part 1) - What can we learn from pandemics and virus' of the past? (May 1, 2021)
- Episode 2 (CPPF Part 2) - What is the current situation with this virus in the world? (May 8, 2021)
- Episode 3 (CPPF Part 3) - We will look at the theories and controversies regarding the origin of this virus? What about the Rø number and how can we use this to inform ourselves as to what our level of concern should be? (May 20, 2021)
- Episode 4 (CPPF Part 4) - How is this virus transmitted? We will look at the details in order to empower you for the future. How can we protect ourselves (masks and mitigation) and how will this virus (or others) shape the world in which we live? (around June 5, 2021)
- Episode 5 (Patho Part 1) - We need to take an overview of the immune system in order to better understand what parts of our immune system this virus attacks. (around June 19, 2021)
- Episode 6 (Patho Part 2) - How does our immune system respond to COVID? (around July 3, 2021)
- Episode 7 (Patho Part 3) - We'll take a close look at the "cytokine storm" and it's consequences in the body, and how this virus gets into the body, which will help us understand the effects of this virus on the body. (around July 17, 2021)
- Episode 8 (Patho Part 4) - What are the myriad faces of COVID-19? (around July 31, 2021)
- Episode 9 (Patho Part 5) - We need to take a microscopic look at viral pathogenicity and the lifecycle of SARS CoV-2. (around August 14, 2021)
Episode 10 - WHAT ABOUT TESTING and HERD IMMUNITY? What is the accuracy of testing; when should you get tested and when not, and what's the best test to get? Why not just allow the natural process of "herd immunity" to rule the day? (around August 28, 2021)
Episode 11 - COVID-19 VACCINES and TREATMENT; pros, cons and misinformation. Now that we have a few vaccines, and more on the way, how will we think about the vaccines? Let's have a frank and honest conversation. (around September 11, 2021)
Episode 12 - THE SKINNY ON VIRAL MUTATIONS; Is it just more of the same or are these variants something to be concerned about? (around September 25, 2021)
LONG-HAUL SYNDROME; What are the key tissues/organs affected by this virus?
- Episode 13 (LH Part 1) - Humility and the manual therapist (a critically important topic for us to discuss)! (around October 9, 2021)
- Episode 14 (LH Part 2) - Long term health issues and how manual therapists MAY be able to help these patients? (around October 23, 2021)
Episode 15 - THE FUTURE; How can we better improve our health for future pandemics? (around November 6, 2021)
Serious / Committed subscriber BONUS
Each episode will include a pdf download of the slides.
Thank you all for being members of the VM Study Group community…let’s “get studying”!